“And above all,
watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you,
because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
― Roald Dahl





Thursday, February 8, 2018

February!!!

Hi!
Sorry I've been away..January flew by.
Guess what? I moved!!!
I spent the whole month packing and moving my gigantic load of treasures, art supplies and clothes.
Gotta tell you, we have a lot of stuff.
Helena has no less than a gazillion dolls😀


I was in an apartment, now I'm in a house and I love it!
There's room for us to move around and! we have a yard!!!
 Something I have always wanted in my home is a tree. 
 It's never been possible because we have cats and
I'm afraid they will nibble on it
and either become ill, or ruin/kill the the tree.
 There wasn't any room before either...
I recently received this gorgeous 6' Ficus and it fits perfectly in the living room.
Isn't it pretty?!
Since it's artificial I don't have to worry about the cats eating it and it's never going to wilt.
It arrived in a long box and it only took a few minutes to fluff out and arrange the leaves & branches.
I took several photos to show the colors with the flash and without.
I think the variegated leaves look very realistic. 
Do you have artificial plants in your house?
 












This site has many different varieties of artificial plants and flowers to choose from.
I think a hanging basket of azaleas by the front door would be nice..


Anyhow, I have missed visiting everyone and really hope you are all doing great.
I'm still unpacking but it's getting there.
Can't wait to get back to crafting..I'll be by to visit soon.


12 comments:

  1. I helped move one child and one room. I can't imagine moving an entire household. The ficus tree looks great. Very realistic. Congratulations on your new home. May peace and happiness always surround you in your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice to hear from you, i looked yesterday to see how long it had been. Nice to have ample room, i love sitting in the yard and watching life go by

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must have read my mind, because I was just about to write and ask if you were ill. So glad it was a move, and not an illness that kept you off the internet. Had to laugh at the moving vehicle you shared. Clever, and that would be me if I ever had to move again. It sure piles up, no matter how often you purge.

    That's a lovely tree, but I have mostly real plants in my home. I do have a few floral arrangements I've made, but that's about it. Yours is really lovely, and so is your awesome fireplace, something I miss.

    Welcome back, dear Marfi. It's good to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the successful move! I never realize how much stuff I have until I need to move it lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy February, Marfi! So happy you're moved and settled. Your tree is pretty! It looks real!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You moved! How fantastic is that? And, goodness gracious, you have a yard. Now, that's a treasure. I can't wait to see the things you and your angel are going to grow together.

    I don't have artificial plants in my house. Probably because I have about 20 live plants (maybe more *cough*) and a bunch of sticks and driftwood and dried stuff... I would have to get a new place to fit artificial plants.

    Best of luck in your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marfi, I'm so happy for you. Share photos of how your crafts are set up please? I do have fake trees. One is a tall ficus, the other a small bush like tree.




    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your move to a house with a yard! I love my yard! I know moving is such a great ordeal, but once you get settled and put thing in their new space... time to relax and craft! Hugs,Tee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats my friend! I am so happy for you!!! Happy dance!! I love your fake tree! It looks so real!! Sending you big hugs, lots of love and many blessings for your new home!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats for your new house!! I also love big houses than apartments. and that tree look like real one, i am sure you cat will try to bite it thinking its real:)
    https://clickbystyle.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marfi, I'm really happy to hear about your move, that sounds great!

    That tree really is pretty! My wife has all kinds of artificial plants and flowers in our home.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so happy to hear that you are in a house and have room to move around. I also love that you have a fireplace, aren't they fun! The tree is lovely and really cool! We don't have artificial plants in our house but they are something to think about. We do have some flowers from Valentine's Day that the cats have managed to mostly leave alone. We are still unpacking, so I sympathize with you there. *hugs* and Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment, I really appreciate it:)